Saturday, October 11, 2008























Here's a flyer I found when "No Doubt" first played opening up for "Fishbone".  I remember the other opening bands were really like "Fishbone".  Fishbone was the wildest sounding music group I'd ever heard.

Our songs back then were covers of the ska bands from england.  We played "Night Club" by The Specials, "Baggy Trousers" by Madness and "Mr. Big Stuff" by that K-Earth band.

Funny this background on this flyer of "the pier" sat doormat for years uncolored until 1998 when I set out to color my first animated film "A Very Fishy Event". Funny the "No Doubt" logo here is in cartoon lettering like 'Mickey Mouse' with the drop shadow and all.  A flyer like this may have taken 2 hours.  Note Chris Dowd and Dirt Walt in the corners.

The "A Very Fishy Event" at the bottom was taken from a t-shirt Bret Palazzo and I were working at.  So weird. It's a perfect name for the cartoon because the band Fishbone never approved the cartoon, I was just making it for the pure delight of it all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog! A great poster with a brilliant story behind it too :)

Plus us No Doubters were unaware of the Night Club cover - another gem for us to search for! haha.

Daniel